what is better as a real estate investor

6 Replies

Hello you all!

I am pretty new to the real estate industry and I was wondering wat is better as a real estate invester: buy rental properties and get the money through rent and cashflow or is it better to do wholesale in real estate or can I combine these two.

What are your thoughts about this?

@Aron Fredrix It goes back to what your goals are. Wholesaling is a transactional business - as soon as you stop getting deals you stopped getting paid.  To me, that would just be another job. From my perspective, wholesaling isn't conducive to my goals because it requires me to continue to work for my money. Rental properties, on the other hand, are more passive and allow me to earn the income I need without having to have continue to transact time for money, deals for money, etc.

Originally posted by @Josiah Kay :

@Aron Fredrix It goes back to what your goals are. Wholesaling is a transactional business - as soon as you stop getting deals you stopped getting paid.  To me, that would just be another job. From my perspective, wholesaling isn't conducive to my goals because it requires me to continue to work for my money. Rental properties, on the other hand, are more passive and allow me to earn the income I need without having to have continue to transact time for money, deals for money, etc.

Thanks josiah for your answer!

Do you have Amy tips for me to get started through books Courses etc.?

Do you recommand any?

@Aron Fredrix The BP forums are a great place to learn more about real estate investing. I would definitely recommend listening to the BP Podcasts as well. Otherwise, some book recommendations (these include mostly books on business/lifestyle or buy/hold investing):

- "E-Myth Revisited" by Michael Gerber

- "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter (this provides a more foundational perspective on money)

- "Cashflow Quadrant" by Robert Kiyosaki (further builds on the "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" foundation)

- "Set for Life" by Scott Trench

- "Long-Distance Real Estate Investing" by David Greene

- "The Book on Managing Rental Properties' by Brandon Turner and Heather Turner

- "The Miracle Morning" by Hal Elrod

-"HOLD" by Gary Keller (geared toward SFR)

-"The ABCs of Real Estate Investing" by Ken McElroy (geared toward commercial investing)

"Multi-Family Millions" by David Lyndahl (This is on my list of "To-Reads".  I've personally been recommended it and have seen it recommend on the forums as well).