Greenville, NC Problems Renting House Hack

2 Replies

Hello BP Nation!

I am three months into my house hack 2/1 duplex in Greenville, NC. I inherited tenants that currently are behind in rent. Their lease is out October 1st but I have yet to find new tenants!

The property is currently listed on (Trulia, Zillow, Craigslist, Facebook Groups etc.) does anyone have any advice to advertise the property or what I should do!?

Two options: 1. Keep the tenants that are behind in rent on a (month-month) basis 2. Risk having additional vacancy costs and remove them at the end of their lease.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

@Sebastian Kressley So you’re marketing a house that’s still occupied and they may not leave until October ? That’s likely not gonna work well. Evict the current tenets then go find new ones
Originally posted by @Caleb Heimsoth :
@Sebastian Kressley

So you’re marketing a house that’s still occupied and they may not leave until October ?

That’s likely not gonna work well. Evict the current tenets then go find new ones

Thanks for the response - let me clarify. I am currently residing in side B, the tenants are in side A. I have been touring side B (the side I am currently living in and will rent out. October 1st I plan on moving over to side A and start fixing that side up. It's coming down to wire and I'm having trouble finding a tenant. 

I will continue the grind though. Again, thank you for the response!