Votes
Tami R.
  • Clive, IA
Votes |
Am I crazy to offer gifts for tenants

Tami R.
  • Clive, IA
Posted Nov 28 2018, 13:54
I thinking this real estate stuff is making me crazy lol. I live in the Midwest, if you live where it's cold you know once December hits it's hard to rent houses and apartments until late March. The end of July and October I bought some some multis and had to do some work... so I am sitting here and I have some great places. Price good, etc but it's a struggle to get GOOD tenants. I can rent the properties to crap and have to do a complete remodel in 4 months and go to court but I would rather leave them empty. So I was driving today and thinking about how to get the good tenants etc to go with us and not another landlord etc.... This one rental mgmt company offers on occasion to get the 4th month free in rent. Well I don't want to do that... that could be between $600 to $900... and 3 months is too short. I thought if they went the first 6 months no late payments they get a free 55 inch flat screen. Sounds nice and people and tenants they want stuff and I can get a TV for 300. Now am I insane? Or what have others done?

Loading replies...