Section 811 tenants??

2 Replies

Has anyone ever done section 811 tenants (mentally challenged) wondering how to get your rental on front of the governing agencies? If you have done if what was your experience? To be honest any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.

Originally posted by @Matthew Anderson :

Has anyone ever done section 811 tenants (mentally challenged) wondering how to get your rental on front of the governing agencies? If you have done if what was your experience? To be honest any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.

I have not.  But, as to how you would receive your payment, they probably get SSI and they probably have a payee who pays their bills for them.  The payee is paid directly by SSI into a trust account with the name of the beneficiary also on it, and then the payee pays the bills for the beneficiary and gives them spending money and saves money for them, etc.  They manage the beneficiary's money and must report to the SSA how they spend their money.

I'm just guessing based on having worked at one point for a non-profit organization in CA that helps developmentally disabled individuals get benefits, etc.  I was the executive secretary to the CFO at the time, of that organization.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here