General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Anne Bois
Votes |
Having landlord/tenant issues

Anne Bois
Posted Nov 20 2019, 20:01

So we live in a mobile home park that hurricane Micheal went through. After the hurricane nothing had been fixed in our home, most of them actually. We had raw sewage under our house for months(she had another tenant “fix” it) he somewhat did but we still can’t even use our toilet without it flooding the bathroom, when you take a shower water pours outside. There’s a leak in the air vent, so I put a bucket there when it rains. There is mold covered in our guest bathroom which is beside my babies room. You can see the condensation coming from the ceiling. My son has been in this house since he was born 8 months ago and has had bad allergies since, he’s always congested. Hardly any of our outlets work in the entire house. This condition has going on for months. We decided to not continue with rent, and move out. We’re still working on the place we’re moving to and shouldn’t be too much longer, it’s been 2 months since we paid rent. She shows up whenever she wants to tell me to get out, she’s posted 3 day notices twice. She has citations against this park, could that cause her to not be able to get an eviction notice? Can i take any legal action even though we haven’t paid rent?

Loading replies...