How to list property on MLS for rent

2 Replies

Hello,

I will love to manage my property myself, I have passion for customer service. I will like to learn how to list on MLS and ways to get for rent signs and many ways to show property without going to the house. Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by @Bola A. :

Hello,

I will love to manage my property myself, I have passion for customer service. I will like to learn how to list on MLS and ways to get for rent signs and many ways to show property without going to the house. Thanks a lot.

Good for you! We also self manage our portfolio in house, at some point we brought in part time help to do a lot of the field work, coordinating contractors etc There are a few very good property managers out there (and many fly by night operations) - however, nobody is going to watch your money like you do. Why do I know? I manage a property for a family member and I am have to admit I am a little bit guilty of this myself - I am probably more responsive than pro-active on that property. In the end it comes down to time and money. 

Why would you want to post on MLS?

Reason I ask is I am also a full time agent and once in a while I will find and place a tenent for a good client. (usually I refer them to Welcome Home Milwaukee - they are excellent) Typically they are out of state clients and self manage remotley their higher end SF's and do not want a PM, so we apply the same process as we do for our properties, which is we have professional photos taken and advertise on Zillow, which also populates Trulia and Hotpads and a few other syndicated sites. We do not post on CL, thats more for lower end rentals. 

I do not see any sense to post my rentals on MLS - there are only very few rental listings on MLS and typically the owners are non-investors asking their agent (who is not very familiar with REI) to help rent their house. The audience you reach on our MLS is small compared to Zillow and it's mostly other agents.

Do you see a different situation with MLS in Houston?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here