Votes
Alexander Crocker
  • Hudson, NH
Votes |
Shared Laundry Miscommunication

Alexander Crocker
  • Hudson, NH
Posted Jul 28 2020, 09:19

I have a dilemma involving a common area laundry room. I own a 3-unit multi family that has a laundry room connected to utilities I pay for. My tenant on the second floor has had this room all to herself for the past 6 months. This is because the first floor has their own in unit laundry and I was renovating the third floor. I informed the second floor tenant that the third floor tenants will be moving in this week and to please keep the laundry area clean out of courtesy to the new tenants. This went over like a fart in church. She is complaining that I never mentioned she would need to share with other people and it is an invasion of her privacy. 

Although I should have made this more clear I thought it was obvious since it is not in her unit and is located in a common area shared with the other tenants. The lease doesn’t state anything about laundry. Perhaps a mistake on my part. Sh is requesting I install additional washer and dryers in the room for the other tenants to use. This seems like a ridiculous request to me. Any advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

Loading replies...