General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Sara Johnson
Votes |
No rental agreement

Sara Johnson
Posted May 4 2021, 21:43

In September we rented a house and it was a complete disaster. It still is because the landlord has done nothing! There was a hole in the shower with mold growing from it, there’s a hole in the basement laundry room floor. The popcorn ceiling above the shower is peeling and hit me in the head and some of it got into my eye.  The list goes on.  We went through all of this when we moved in and none of these things got fixed.  Having said that, he said in the beginning “I know this house is in bad shape, at anytime you want to find something else, that is ok.  That was the only verbal agreement that was offered.  No written either.  Well, we just finally found a house and we gave 30 days notice. Now he is saying that the agreement was 60 days notice and we have to use a specific guy to pay for to clean the carpet.  What rights do we have? Like I said, the only verbal agreement was that we could leave anytime since the condition of the house was so bad.  So frustrated!! Also, he is a big time slum lord, there is a long list of people who have had problems with him.

Loading replies...