Need Insight and Advice on this kind of Offer..is it a Scam

10 Replies

I am trying to sell a house. I am open to creative financing. I have come across this offer. It seems like some "guru" has preached this in a webinar as I have received same offer from different people.

I would like to hear from fellow investors and experts what to make of it. The pitfalls, what to look out for, and the positives. Thanks:

"Here is a overview

We make it easy to Sell Your House to us. We have a unique Seller Financing approach when we are buying houses. The Transaction is fast and easy.

Key point:

10 percentage Down (on paper)

Seller Financed only for 2 months

Seller hold 1st

1st position is 90% LTV

We assist in the Seller Selling the notes after 2 months of successful payments for 60-90 percentage of balance

Partial note sale can be arranged at a smaller discount

Receive your asking price in cash within 3 months"

I'd tell them this.  "For 10% option consideration, yes, I will give you a 60-day exclusive option to buy my property, cashing me out entirely."  

Do not transfer ownership to anyone in a shady deal like this.  Maybe they just went to the seminar and you can get 10% for a 60-day option.  That would be sweet @SHAW ALI !

Originally posted by @SHAW ALI :

I am trying to sell a house. I am open to creative financing. I have come across this offer. It seems like some "guru" has preached this in a webinar as I have received same offer from different people.

I would like to hear from fellow investors and experts what to make of it. The pitfalls, what to look out for, and the positives. Thanks:

"Here is a overview

We make it easy to Sell Your House to us. We have a unique Seller Financing approach when we are buying houses. The Transaction is fast and easy.

Key point:

10 percentage Down (on paper)

Seller Financed only for 2 months

Seller hold 1st

1st position is 90% LTV

We assist in the Seller Selling the notes after 2 months of successful payments for 60-90 percentage of balance

Partial note sale can be arranged at a smaller discount

Receive your asking price in cash within 3 months"

Using the numbers you posted: NO Absolutely Not!

Is Corona CA so dead that you would consider selling for 64% of your asking price? 

I'm familiar with Corona and I know it's not.

10% Down and then in 60 days they help you sell your first position for 60% of balance

10% + ( .60 x 90%)= 64%

HI Ali, what are you selling I have a legitimate creative buyer 

Absolutely NOT.  Whoever is offering this has no money and no credit. They will find some "buyer" with 10% cash, and no credit.  You have no idea what kind of discount you'll have to eat, and they now have title to your house.

Creating a note and selling them for a part of it or all of it has been around a long time

Study simultaneous financing with notes

@Marc Faulkner

@SHAW ALI

along with it would take a VERY unseasoned or un educated Note investor to offer you anything reasonable for this note..  chance of default from buyer is very high in these scenerios

Smells like it , so it must be .

Quack!

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

@SHAW ALI

along with it would take a VERY unseasoned or un educated Note investor to offer you anything reasonable for this note..  chance of default from buyer is very high in these scenerios

A 6% real estate commission is quite the bargain!

Thanks for the posts

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here