Finding sellers that will do a Lease Option ?

23 Replies

This topic has been locked by an administrator.

Originally posted by "thebesthouses":
Help me out on this one. Whats the best marketing skills to find sellers that want to do lease options ?

My personal favorites....

- Bandit Signs
- Phone calls to For Rent homeonwers....

What have you found to be your favorite?

Best,
Jeremy Blunt

How to Create Multiple Streams of Income: Buying Homes in Nice Areas with Nothing Down! by Peter S. Conti, David M. Finkel

This book offers details on finding motivated sellers, finding tenant buyers, plus case studies with hundreds of tips on how to be an investor. As a volunteer for many different non-profit organizations it is important for me to give back. I love the fact that Peter and David promote helping others as you become wealthy in your investing.

How to Create Multiple Streams of Income: Buying Homes in Nice Areas with Nothing Down! by Peter S. Conti, David M. Finkel

This book offers details on finding motivated sellers, finding tenant buyers, plus case studies with hundreds of tips on how to be an investor. As a volunteer for many different non-profit organizations it is important for me to give back. I love the fact that Peter and David promote helping others as you become wealthy in your investing.

Why do you ask questions, and then answer them yourself, especially when the answer has nothing to do with the question?

Originally posted by "biggerpo":

Why do you ask questions, and then answer them yourself, especially when the answer has nothing to do with the question?

Oh do you really want to know ? It sounds like your criticizing me. I ask questions about the topic & then I let them know what I use to get the knowledge. The reason why I ask, is because I want to see what everyone else uses to learn lease option techniques. This world is very big (amount of people) and I know that everyone is unique. That's why I ask.

In addition to making no sense in context to what your question is, you plagerized other people's comments on Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/How-Create-Multiple-Streams-Income/dp/customer-reviews/1893384152

See the review dated APRIL 30, 2005 by Elizabeth Wagner

What motivates you to do that?

By the way, another one of finkel/conti's books is a favorite of mine, however I have heard of people getting ripped off by paying for their $7,000 seminar. So it seems to be buy their books if you can stand the advertising within, but avoid going any further with them.

Most people that have the ability to do seller financing are those who own the home outright. These will usually be investors that have the reserves to sell using seller financing because they are not in need of any part of the money right now and can live comfortably on their reserves. The seller financing will give them more reserves to live on later because of the interest they will be recieving.

These people can be found by just a little bit of legwork. Go down to your county records office. Look at the records of all the sales from the past couple of years and locate the financed sales that are from person to person not person to bank.

Then note how many times the same name keeps appearing. This is a good indication that this is someone who has several properties and has used seller financing in the past and will probably be willing to do so again.

These "local" investors often work in more than one county, so a similar check of surronding counties should reveal their name as well as other names.

Originally posted by Mr_Investor:
Dang I know that this is a 2+ year old thread but man Josh sure was serving a nice glass of ownage juice back then :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

How about really understanding how a lease option might benefit the seller, and adding it in as a exit strategy. In my work of people being addicted to the income stream created in a multi unit property, selling them on a lease option is not so tough. Lots of benefits actually. They can keep the income, long term in my case if they want. They are not hit with capital gains. The property will step up upon their death, so the heirs can have a reduced capital gain. It can be structured where on death the lease becomes a note, and now you have a estate offering long term financing. The really good lease options are the ones where it benefits the buyers and the sellers... I add in mine an adjustable payment and purchase price that is tied to a economic indicator in the local market.
anyway... I never walk in asking for the lease option, but you will get them if you can sell it as an option... in this discounted market they are easier to push every day...

Joshua - That was a beating you gave! LOL
I know this thread is old, and I just wanted to add I use all the above mentioned strategies with great results. I have others as well, contact me if you would like more information on the Lease Purchase Business.

Hi, I think it was about finding sellers to do a lease/option.

You can find them at the courthouse.

Find landlords that are seniors, retired and getting too old to fix, clean, advertise, show....etc. If they can have a fixed income, no big tax hits and have less work, you'll be surprised how many sellers you can find....I did, more than I wanted!

When taking control of a property with the lease/option and selling with the lease / option how do you protect the deal from the seller not making payments to the lender.

Dee

Dee, My good friend Bill Walston just completed an article on his blog that will answer this for you. I'll contact him and see if he will add the link, so look for it.
Herbster