Burlington county Nj

3 Replies

Hi guys and gals my name is Justin Stacy and I'm currently located in Burlington county New Jersey. I am a firefighter in the United States Air Force. I have 2 years left and I'm setting myself up in real estate so that will be my next adventure. I went out and got my Real estate license to get some additional exposure. I'm looking for an experienced investor that I can bounce ideas off from. As Milton Friedman said there's no such thing as a free lunch. So if I can do anything in exchange i.e show properties hang signs etc I would be more then willing to. Hope to hear from you soon!

Although having a mentor can be an extremely valuable relationship to maintain, have you considered using the entire BiggerPockets community as your mentor? You mentioned that you wanted to bounce some ideas around. I'm sure that if you asked a question on BP, someone woyld show up to answer your question.

@Justin Stacy Echoing what Melvin is saying, the BP community is great for feedback and mentorship. @Justin Fraser has been a huge help to me (I'm a newbie as well) and pointed me to the SJREIA (South Jersey Real Estate Investors Association) which has been invaluable so far. The combination of BP and SJREIA is plenty to get you started and networking with the right people.

@Justin Stacy - I understand the value of a mentor, but unless you already have an existing relationship with someone in the game, or something very tangible to offer...it's going to be hard to convince someone to help you.

Now notice I said hard...not impossible. Sometimes people get lucky and they find that experienced investor who is ready to give back and mentor someone else. Others know someone who has been in the game for 20 years already they can learn from. 

However...an extremely viable alternative which people very often fail to recognize is exactly what @Melvin Noriega pointed out. I spent 6 months listening to all the BiggerPockets podcasts and reading as much as I could from all the BiggerPockets Books and spent a lot of time in Home Depot and Lowes learning cost numbers for materials. Then do like @Brandon Turner teaches on his weekly Webinar and start doing deal analysis. With all the resources here on BiggerPockets and a fantastically supportive community you should have no problem learning 90% of everything you want to know about your desired niche in a 6 month period of time if you spend an hour or two (or more) every day teaching yourself. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you