Insurance on vacant property

3 Replies

Does anyone know of an insurance company that would insure a vacant 5 unit apartment building in western NY? I evicted all the tenants after I Afghanistan, because of the damage they caused while I was away. I will probably deploy again soon and don't want to come home to another mess. Plus I don't have time or money to fix it now.

@Gregg Reinbold this might be a better question in the New Jersey forum?  Or maybe the "Multi-Family" forum?  You might get better responses there.  This forum is usually for military types of questions and I think those other areas might be a better fit for this type of a post.  

@Gregg Reinbold   Thank you for your service.

Regarding your vacant 5-unit multifamily, is the damage that bad that you can't get a Realtor to lease up some of the units?  Then hire a Property Manager to manage the property for you while you are deployed?  As you know, Insurance companies don't want to insure a property that is vacant (I've gone through that myself quite a few times).  It sounds like an awesome property (five units) - it's a shame that it can't be generating some revenue for your while you are deployed.

Contact Anthony Lee at Cobalt Steele, he is on BP.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here