Land flipping and investing in properties

3 Replies

My name is Nick, I am currently active duty but plan on leaving the military in 3 years. I have been listening to BP for over a year now and also doing a lot of research but feel stuck. I feel now that the only way to learn more is to get my feet wet and start making my money work for me. I want to start buying and flipping land now so I can hit the ground running when I separate. My main goal is to create enough capital, to purchase a large parcel to have agriculture , recreation and hunting, all of which would be able to create passive income.This, in the end, would be a main goal to accomplish. For now I want to seek out small parcels that could be paid for in cash and, with my free time, improve the land, zone it, and run utilities to it and then sell. Does anyone have any insight or experience in this type of investing?

Very Respectfully,
Nick

Check out retipster.com, thelandgeek.com landacademy.com and landforpennies.com or jackbosch.com.  Tons of information out there!  Best of luck! 

@Mark Podolsky , I️ appreciate all the references. In regards to having passive income, when you sell a parcel under contract rather than selling it for cash, to where you have to keep buying more and more. What do the contracts consist of? Years, interest, etc... and would buying and selling for cash to create capital at first be something to consider, to have more buying power?

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here