Pentagon Federal Investment Loans

3 Replies

While doing some searches for investment loans I️ ran across this. Seems like you can use this for a BRRR strategy. Has anyone had experience with this loan or have an opinion on it?

https://www.penfed.org/mortgage-center/mortgages/10-year-balloon-investment-property-mortgage

Curious why you'd want to do this for that that, planning on a refi?

Yes, if this loan is easy to get and can be amortized at 30 years with that interest rate it could provide good cash flow and after you rehab or the property appreciates you could refi out to a 30 year or 15 year fixed.

I'm not really up to speed on the shorter loans, but what would the benefit be of this? All loans basically the same difficulty to get and more or less all require the same amount down. The rates for this aren't that much lower than a 30 yr, granted depending on the purchase you make and how much forced appreciation/rehab you have could make a impact. But, seasoning only 6-1 yr before you can do a cash out refi...

I look at the safety of a 30 yr just incase something happened you wouldn't have to depend on a refi... But not totally up to speed on the advantage of 10yr/balloon.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here