Finding a Contractor in a Small Military Town

2 Replies

Hello, I wanted to reach out to the military investing community for this question. I'm currently stationed at Laughlin AFB in Del Rio, TX (population 36k). I'm going to start looking for my first BRRRR deal soon but I'm worried I won't be able to find a good, dependable contractor to do the rehab. There's no REIA here that I know of and the local Home Depot is a no-go. I'm going to start asking agents and property managers for referrals as a starting point but I'm interested to hear about the challenges that some of you have faced when trying to find good contractors in unfamiliar areas. How did you end up finding them? What should I look out for based on your experience? I'll take anything you can pass my way. Thanks for the help and Happy New Year!

Gabe, hello other than refferals from a good real estate agent you could try a tip from show 258. Gabe Dasilva said in that show that he would call the supply companies like Sherwin-Williams and ask them for their preferred contractors in the area. It's another option outside of refferals which should work but just double check with Yelp or some sort of review service after you get a name.

Aaron

Aaron,

Thanks for the reply. I'll do just that!

Gabe

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.