Investing in a mobile home park, any tips

6 Replies

Good evening everyone,

I am looking at "possibly" investing in a mobile home on Aquidneck Island in Rhode Island. I have been looking at houses, but the market is hot right now and I don't want to over leverage myself. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this and could give me any advice, "pros and cons," thanks. 

I don't have any experience in mobile home park but Kevin Bupp is a very good resource for Mobile Home investing. You can check him out at  

http://mobilehomeparkacademy.com/

Good luck !

Frank Rolfe and Dave reynolds of Mobile Home university have great stuff as well.  There is also plenty info on bigger pockets on investing in mobile home parks as well.  best of luck

Are you interested in owning the individual homes or the whole park? If interested in the homes, there are a few options. Look up Lonnie deals where you buy the homes and sell with seller financing.

I just drove through one of the parks on aquidneck island last week. Definitely a good market.

If you are interested in parks mobile home university and the Kevin bupp podcasts are great educational resources.

Hey thanks everyone, I appreciate y’alls advice. 

@Andrew Pettit Mobile home investing can definitely be profitable. Though, like any other business it has its ups and downs. The key is to know what type of neighborhood and clientele work best with your personality. Having a good team well versed in this asset class will add to your success. Hope that helps! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here