Obtain lost VA certificate

5 Replies

I was issued a VA certificate back in 2002 or 2003 and I never ended up using it to purchase a home. Fast forward now I am married with 2 kids and me and my wife are looking to purchase. I was told by some family members who are also prior military that they never expire. What would be my best course of action to receive a copy of it? Would it be to contact a lender and let them do it or is there a number I can call. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Andre I will definitely be using the link I really appreciate it.

Originally posted by @Darius Tracy :

Thanks Andre I will definitely be using the link I really appreciate it.

no problem, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me. 

Option 1: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage, you are looking for the certificate of eligibility for home loan document which can be located by scrolling down on the front page in the middle. 

* You will need a premium account before being able to gain access.

Option 2: Print, fill out and submit VA Form 26-1880 to the Department of Veterans Affairs Eligibility Center.

* Mailing address is located in the top right corner of the form 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.