Looking for a Management Company

4 Replies

Hello All,

I’m new to both the group and Real Estate world. I do have a question though I currently own a single family in NC with a management company. Lately, I haven’t been satisfied with them and was wondering is it better to manage it myself or find another company. I’m stationed in another state, thanks in advance for your inputs and suggestions.

My recommendation would be to find another management company. There’s a range of good and bad ones out there. As an out-of-state investor they can be invaluable when needed, and if you’re new to real estate they can help you avoid costly errors, but it sounds like you need a better performing manager that you can place your trust in.  Alternatively, if there are specific things you were not satisfied with, having a conversation about your concerns and sharing expectations may be sufficient to get your current manager back on track.  If you do bring up your concerns and they still fail to address them then it’s probably better to move on. Best of luck. 

@Tanisha Thompson I highly recommend sticking with a property manager. If your intention is to grow as a real estate investor and buy more properties, you'll thank yourself later that you decided to have them professionally managed. @Jason Leavitt made some good recommendations; it may be as easy as setting your expectations with your current manager and see if they change. If not, get onto the local NC forums here on BP and ask for referrals for another company. Good luck! 

@Jason Leavitt hello, I have addressed all my concerns with them and to date no changes nor have I received payment for the month and no one can tell me what’s going on. Thanks for your suggestion because this has been on my mind since the year started but was trying to work with them.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you