Personal Loan to Invest

3 Replies

I recently took out a 30k personal loan to invest with a rental property. I have the rental property locked in including closing cost right at about 30k. The home is rented out and bringing in $625 per month. My payments to pay back the loan are at 758 a month. I plan to refinance the home right after closing to pay my loan back and it seems i will get back right at about the amount that i paid for the house. Is this a good strategy to invest by using a personal loan?

If your numbers make sense. Most lenders will cash out refinance you at 75% ARV so make sure you have a lender you've talked to and have their numbers

@Clifford Brooks

It might be tough to find a lender at the $30k loan amount, so work those phones until you find the right organization to offer you what you need.

going to VERY hard to find a lender for that loan amount. You should talk to lenders first to make sure you have a refi exit strategy. Some lenders will go as low as 50k, and even those are few, finding one for 30k might not be impossible but it's very rare. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you