Wholesaling to Fund my Rental Habit

3 Replies

I purchased my first rental in Fayetteville, NC about five months ago and have since done six Real Estate transactions. 

I find my deals through direct to seller marketing. If I'm not in a position to close on a deal I'll pass it on to other investors for an assignment fee (wholesale). 

This allows me to find deals at a steep discount for my rental portfolio and build up some cash for future purchases.

I still have a lot to learn and was wondering who else is using this strategy to acquire rentals.

@Robert Shortsleeves

I can't say I'm "using" this strategy yet as I haven't done any deals, BUT this is the same strategy I'm attempting. I started driving for dollars 3 weeks ago and have sent quite a few mailers. I have investors lined up to take any good wholesale deals I bring to the table and I have a cash partner ready to take on our 1st rental property!

I like the concept of being the deal.finder so I'm never dependent on someone else for this part of the business and I can hand pick the best deals for myself.

But much like you, the wholesaling is just a means to an end. The real focus is buy and hold.

Congrats on getting your first unit!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you