Which lenders are house hacking friendly?

2 Replies

Looking to do a house hack for a multi-family using my VA loan.  Since it is up to the lender whether or not I can use current rents as potential income, I need to find one that does.  I live in an expensive market so my income only goes so far.

Are there any lenders in here that are more friendly to this type of house hack?

Rental income for owner occ real estate doesn't really move the needle all that much.

The below is directly from va.gov, lenders are not allowed to get more liberal than this and still have it be a VA loan:

@Poe George as what @Chris Mason posted, you have to have experience as a landlord to count current rents as part of your income. What you could possibly do is add value to the property. Basically a BRRRR. You can get in for cheap and hold the property until you can refinance.

I hope this helps. I wish you the best on your investing journey! Stay safe out there.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you