Pro Member
  • Las Vegas, nv 89148
Votes |
Medium Term - Fully furnished Rental help

Bonnie Johnson
Pro Member
  • Las Vegas, nv 89148
Posted Aug 22 2019, 20:03

Hi. We are finishing up a fully furnished rental in Las Vegas, NV. Looking to rent 30+ days at a time, to traveling hospital workers - or contractors looking to house their superintendents for long periods of time.  Obviously going to start on Airbnb and vrbo - but with the fees, and not renting short term, I was wondering if there is a better platform to use? Zillow, Craiglist?  Hoping someone has some previous experience.  

User Stats

Votes
Stephan Kraus
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Aug 22 2019, 20:28

you can try furnished finder, they charge a one time listing fee, and have ok reach, platform has room for improvement but you'll get some leads. 

Another thing i'd recommend is calling up agency's ir hospitals directly, they often have recommendation lists they give their travelling staff and are usually happy to add you. 

User Stats

Votes
Myka Artis
  • Arlington, TX
Votes |
  • Arlington, TX
Replied Aug 22 2019, 21:13

I'd recommend furnished finder as well. If you want to go directly to your clients then join the Gypsy travel nurse housing groups on FB. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
John Robb
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Aug 23 2019, 11:05

@Bonnie Johnson

Hey Bonnie,

Cozy.co is a good platform for getting renters. I posted my room for rent on there and they posted it to a few sights.

On a side note if you are planning on doing Airbnb or Short term rentals you should check with the city. In Vegas they only allow a certain number of STRs within a certain distance of each other. They have a map online that shows you if you qualify to offer STR. Also they require a specific business license, inspection, and additional code requirements for STRs. Hope this helps. :)

User Stats

Votes
Bonnie Johnson
Pro Member
  • Las Vegas, nv 89148
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Las Vegas, nv 89148
Replied Aug 23 2019, 12:32

Great!  Appreciate all of the help.  As for short term renting - because of the restrictions in Vegas, we have completely ruled it out. 

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ombres
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Asheville, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Asheville, NC
Replied Aug 27 2019, 22:52

Through my research on the same topic, I've found Furnished Finder to be the "go to" for most travel nurses. For higher level providers you may have better luck making a connection with HR. The intricacies of those contracts could create a slightly different rental process than the typical travel nurse/respiratory therapist/etc.

• Real Estate Agent North Carolina (#294111)

• eXp Realty

User Stats

Votes
Gaby Liu
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles
Replied Nov 9 2022, 16:31
Quote from @Bonnie Johnson:

Great!  Appreciate all of the help.  As for short term renting - because of the restrictions in Vegas, we have completely ruled it out. 

Hi Bonnie,

I was wondering how your rental went as an MTR? 

I m facing a similar situation now and would like to hear about your experience in Vegas.

TIA

Gaby

User Stats

Votes
Bonnie Johnson
Pro Member
  • Las Vegas, nv 89148
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Las Vegas, nv 89148
Replied Dec 5 2022, 09:06

Hi Gaby,

It went wonderfully well. I feel as though we had better renters, and that they took better care of the property than a STR would have. The house hardly went empty, which we were a bit bummed about, because we would have liked to use it between renters. I advertised on Airbnb, VRBO, and Zillow for renting. In the end, we had a return tenant, who actually signed a 6 month lease with us.

We just currently moved into the home, so it is no longer for rent, however, we are looking to do the same with our units out at the river.  I feel like renting 30+ days creates less work on parts, and keeps the property in better shape.  

I highly recommend! 

User Stats

Votes
Michael Robbins
  • Property Manager
  • Henderson, NV
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Henderson, NV
Replied Dec 6 2022, 09:35

@Bonnie Johnson I have been managing and leasing a fully furnished condo in Las Vegas 30+ days to 12m term. We had success by placing the home in the MLS. Often times it has been other real estate agents bringing in their clients (waiting to build a home, job relocation, etc...). Try to place the property with insurance providers as well (ex: someone has a flood and need a short-term).