Marketing

7 Replies

Hey Bp,

Im stating my direct mailing campaign and i was wondering which method do you think is more effective putting together my mailing list by myself or using a company to compile the list for me.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks

I get my lists from the title company. I have them break it down by neighborhood and for what i'm looking for all homes that are under 400k tax assessed and owned the home at least 7 years. (those qualifications are just for my own personal goals in buying a home thought). I would definitively suggest just using the title company though, then build a relationship what one of there customer support people so you can ask for lists anytime.

If you want an effective list than you'll need to buy one or get one from a title company. In order to make money from your DM campaign you'll need to send out hundreds or even thousands of marketing pieces a month; building a list this size on your own would be pretty labor heavy. You can buy names for ~ $0.20 or so each. I believe there are far more limits to list criteria if you get it from a title company.

definitely trial basis. I personally use Chicago title. But they are all different based on the city

Are title companies usually open to the idea of giving out this type of clients' info, or does it take some buttering up? Is there a common compensation that should be offered for or is asked for this type of service?

I would use the title company that I use for closings and title insurance. We then butter each others bread.

What is your budget? Based upon that, we'll know how many pieces you can afford to mail. Based on that, we'll know the size of the list you need (important if you are buying the list). We like Listsource.com, which is the online site for CoreLogic. They collect primary data from courthouses, mortgage companies, etc. and they cross-reference that data which allows you to pull records - for example - of only absentee owners with 40% or more equity, etc.

FYI -You might enjoy this free REI education video: Creating Campaigns that Fit Your Budget.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.