Dumpster Rental Cost?

16 Replies

Who can tell me what I should expect to pay for a dumpster rental in the Malden MA for a rehab project? And where can you recommend that I get the best price for one ?

Thanks!

30 ft is between $800-1000 in NJ. Most companies will drop off and pick up for the same price regardless of how long you have it on site. Call up a few places and ask how they charge you.

Best thing to do is call around. Most charge a flat fee plus dump fee. Then some do by weight. Depending on weight expect 700-1200. Try recycling stuff if you can, it saves alot!!

MA Restores

@Corey Besner

Habitat for humanity would love your stuff.

My buddy owns a good sized metal recycling business in Everett. If you have raw metals, he will pay you for them. Let me know if you want his number.

You dumpster rental will probably be about $900 or so. Don't forget to get a permit for it if you will have it on the street.

Do a quick search on google for dumpster rental and your metro area. Here in NC, there is a place that does 10 day rental, drop off, pickup and dumping for a flat fee that I have used, 15 yard was $350 and I think I paid $500 for the 30 yard.

Google it and call the places local to you. Recycle what you can and think about if you will fill it with heavy or light items to get an idea on the weight. (Plaster is very heavy if you have that). The dumpster vendor can give you an idea on the range of weight.

Dumpster costs have become significant in the past year for us as most of the waste disposal companies in our area have consolidated leaving less competition. We now pay $600 - $900 per 30 yards (depending upon weight) where we were paying $450 - $650 in the past.

Pretty expensive up there! I paid for a 30 yard $300 flat fee last year down here in FL

Dumpster Rental costs in Southern California range from 350.00 to 650.00 for a Lowboy (10 cubic yard) to a 40 cubic yard dumpster.  With the exception of the Lowboy, all Dumpsters come with a weight restriction. As an example, for the 40 cubic yard, Socal Dumpsters rental fee is $495.00 for 7 day rental and offers a 5 ton limit with a $65.00 fee for each ton above the 5 ton limit.  

Wow, I can't believe some of those prices! I pay $350 for a 40 yard dumpster in Atlanta.

David Begley, Real Estate Agent in GA (#357208)

KS... a huge one was $200 30 days and $35 per ton .... not bad

Wow!...crazy to see how much more prices for dumpsters are in other areas. In KC we pay around $225 for a 20 yard and $350 for a 40 yard. I would definitely call around though and compare prices - but more importantly how quick they can bring the container, how long you can keep it and how long it takes them to come get it. I have researched all our local companies to get the best combination with of these factors to meet our specific needs

I rented one a few weeks ago and we had a lot of old drywall in the dumpster and it started to rain. The drywall soaked up a lot of water and made our dumpster A LOT heavier which cost a lot more. If it rains see if it would be possible to cover it up some how.

Call a dumpster company and get a quote! I'm amazed by the things people post on here. SMH.

Bryant

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you