Hello my fellow BP members who specialize in fix and flip. I need your input regrading drive way repair. Just recently I was able to lock down a house on contract to rehab and flip. This is the first time we encountered where the drive way is so beyond touch up repair. Basically the old owner has a combo of fixes using concrete and asphalt. To really compete with the current home market area I was suggested by a contractor to just go in and tear everything out and replace with a new concrete. Has anyone done anything creative when building a drive way in order to save cost and actually creates a nice curb appeal? Input is much appreciated.
To much liability in a driveway/walkway that is not in safe condition. If it cannot be repaired as told by multiple trusted asphalt driveway installers I strongly suggest ripping it out and installing a new one that is up to local code and ordinances. (again I strongly suggest going the permit route to help again limiting liability).
I've recently purchased a property with the same issue. I'm interested in seeing what people have done in this situation.
1.Have an asphalt company come and do a 1 inch overlay using a sand mix .
2. Sealcoat the driveway , I believe out west they use asphalt emuslion , it wont take care of bad areas , but makes it all one color .
3. Poor mans tar and chip , use foundation tar and broom it on the driveway as you are going down the drive cover the wet tar with stone chips (small) , takes a week to set . ( throw your shoes and clothes away when done )
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.