Ways to rent property after High School?

7 Replies

My father stated once stated, “Education is the first best investment, Property is the second best investment. I am currently 15 years old, I am in Sophomore year of High School. I plan to graduate within 3 years, instead of the standard/recommended 4 years. I currently live in Houston, Texas and plan to move 3 hours away to Austin, Texas. I would like to start up a software/hardware company when I turn 18. Excuse my the structure of my ideas and my rambling. I feel as if property will serve as a second steadily form of income, alongside with my software/hardware business. Any suggestions? Thanks!

- David,  a.k.a. “kidentrepreneur"

Welcome @David Alvarez  

Others will probably have better suggestions, but for someone you're age I'd assume you don't have much of a credit history, so you can work on building one.  People don't lend much money to people without credit - I remember the credit cards I got in college only had $400 limits to start.

@GregoryTran Thanks! I noticed, you are from Austin. I will be sure to contact you, after I finish school and build up some credit. I left out one part, I would like to move to Bordeaux, France or the surrounding area of Bordeaux, after college. In order to successfully do so, I am trying to collect some money on the side to purchase a home in France. But that’s another story. Thanks for the advice, Gregory!

David,

If you have a family member that's willing to work with you, there's nothing stopping you from starting your real estate investing now. It's never to early to get to different networking events and learn different ways to find and secure great real estate deals. Obviously, you'll need somebody to do all of your signing for you until you turn 18, but you can do all of the work and build yourself up some savings an income before you ever leave for school. I'd be happy to help you if you have any questions about where to find more information!

Josh

Thanks, Josh! 

I will be sure to contact you, once I turn 18. I’m hoping to make a bit of money on the side, with rental property. I’d like to make enough to support myself over in France, when I make the decision to move. I’ve got to be 18+ to get the bureaucracy in check. I hoping to make enough money to carry over in Euros, to buy the two properties in the link below. Along with starting my business here in Texas and carrying it over to France. But thanks for the information, my parents will be glad to help, as they recommended that I do this.

David

Links:

http://www.bordeauxbeyond.co.uk/en/property-for-sale/-/-/14860/bordeaux/4-bed-house-bordeaux/aquitaine-gironde-bordeaux

http://www.bordeauxbeyond.co.uk/en/chateaux-and-vineyards/property-for-sale/-/-/13914/near-saint-emilion/chateau-from-xiv-century/gironde

Way to go on starting young! Use all your resources and just get the ball rolling. As all the pod-casts says, what sets apart the successful from the rest is actually being persistent and being a go getter.

@Brian Lee

Excuse the late reply, as I just noticed your comment. Thanks! I’ve actually changed my mind about moving to France. Yes, it is great to start young, as time respects no one.

@David Alvarez

You still around BP? I'm curious what your progress is on this goal - you sound very much like myself at your age (especially the dreaming about Bordeaux part).

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here