Roofing is so much fun..... The older you get .

4 Replies

My first rental has a roof leak , my regular roofer is on vacation for a month . The winter is coming and the weather is nice so I break out my tools .  Naturally its more involved than I first thought . It was easier to replace the entire side of the roof , than chase down 6 leaks . So 2 of us start stripping the roof ......... yup rotten wood .  4 sheets of plywood .  Now this doesnt sound too bad , except that I am a fit 53 years old , and the guy working with me is 52 . Took us all day to strip the roof , replace the wood , and get it under tar paper . Fortunatly its a 4/12 pitch roof . I have a loader to get the shingles up on the roof .  But I am feeling it tonight .  Tomorrow  .............12 square of shingles .    I cant wait 

@matthew paul  Good luck with that!

Good luck with that!

At 52 and 53, you guys may be taking a risk.  The fact that you can do it yourself does not always mean you should.  Roofing, plumbing, electrical and HVAC are better left to the professionals in my opinion.

Good luck  again.

Originally posted by @Remy Balogun:

Good luck with that!

At 52 and 53, you guys may be taking a risk.  The fact that you can do it yourself does not always mean you should.  Roofing, plumbing, electrical and HVAC are better left to the professionals in my opinion.

Good luck  again.

Life is a risk , investing is a risk . Not hitting my thumb with the hammer  the third time was a risk .   

I am a contractor ,  I just hate roofing .

I am 58 and I love everything about rehabbing a home. But, I have come to realize I am not as fast as I need to be. I am leaving more and more to the pros. They don't do it like I would. But, it sure is nice to have them on their knees instead of me.

Don

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you