Learn How to Drywall - Sharing An Awesome Resource I Came Across

4 Replies

I'm remodeling my duplex - doing all the work myself - and needed to learn to do drywall. So I watched a bunch of youtube videos, read articles, etc. BUT the best resource I found BY FAR was http://www.drywallschool.com/protips.htm

It's all free with step-by-step articles with great images and videos. Enjoy and good luck with your project!

I've looked at a bunch of his material, too.  That's the best single resource I've ran across for all the different textures.

Lots of videos of various drywall operations on youtube, too.  You should check those out.  There are various different methods for doing different steps.  What works well for one person may not work so well for another.

That is a fantastic resource. I've been looking for help on a rehab property that had a strange texture. found it there!

thanks.

I've had that site bookmarked for quite a while - it's a great go-to. But I will tell you (sorry to say!) it's practice, practice, practice. I'm certainly no pro, but my work ain't half bad - AFTER doing acres of drywall installation/mudding!

Nothing screams "DIY" louder than a crappy paint job over lumpy drywall - take your time, do it right & get the tools you need to do the job. 

Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you