Anyone use that carpet with the padding on it already

2 Replies

Just saw it at Menards today.  Priced between 79c-1.89 a sq ft.  Seems like it would be good for rentals.

You can use double sided tape on the edges and a couple of x's in the center.  Seems interesting but just not sure how it would hold up.  

It is easy to take up unless it has been down for a long time in a high traffic area. In those cases then the bottom of the pad sticks to the floor and peals off the carpet/pad and is likewall paper to get up. I would not put it in a property I owned mainly because I think there are better products out there.

Is this the commercial carpet squares or is it on the roll? Is it the really low-pile commercial-looking stuff?

In a lower-priced rental area it might be worth a try but with high-traffic areas and/or picky tenants it might not be a good fit. I have had very good experience with Lowe's and Home Depot carpet installs. Lowe's and HD have an instock  Stainmaster carpet called Park Meadow with a 45 oz. face weight (feels really thick) and it can be installed with 6 lb 7/16 pad for under $2 per square ft. It's worked out very well for me in 2 rentals and 3 flips.

801‑712‑2823 | Podcast Guest on Show #41

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you