Hard water etched shower glass???

6 Replies

Is there any hope for shower glass with hard water etched stains?

Try using vinegar and baking soda to remove the stains. Then try Detailer's Pro Series High Performance Glass Restorer. I have never used it on shower glass but it worked pretty decent on my fathers old car window. Be sure to try it in a little spot before spreading it out

try rainx too. That can do wonders on cleaning showers....and keeping them clean. 

@Tammy Wise

Try 220 grit sand paper (the metal screen kind) with a good cleaner.  I have had good success with this but it can be pretty labor intensive.

@Tammy Wise  

CLR is a very good hard water deposit remover but it's pretty caustic on the skin and don't spray it indoors unless you want to die!

The best, non-toxic water deposit remover is vinegar. I saturate a cloth and put it around faucets and drains. After a few hours the deposits just wipe off. You can remove and soak a shower head overnight and it looks like new. Using on a shower door would work great if you could remove and lay down the door and soak a towel with vinegar over the whole door. The longer you keep the vinegar on the deposits the easier they come off.

The best way to remove the hard water stain ring at the waterline of a toilet bowl is a small block of pumice. You think it's going to scratch the porcelain finish but it only scrapes off the nasty stains and makes it look great. I wouldn't use pumice on glass though. 

Hope that helps!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.