Lead List Scrubbing

2 Replies

BP Team,

I have a few lists purchased over the last few months that I have been sending direct mail pieces to. I have purchased from the same company each time with the same parameters each time.

What is the simplest way to cross reference my lists to make sure I am not sending an initial piece twice to someone? I suppose my concern is I might get a list in back to back months that contain the same absentee owner in both lists. Has this ever happened to those of you purchasing lists? Or is it even possible?

Thanks for the feedback - Cameron

The simplest way, not the best or cleanest, but you don't need any special skills...

Put your list into MS Excel.

Highlight the column with the data you don't want duplicated, use the Conditional Formatting option to identify duplicates by highlighting the cells with duplicate information.

Turn on Sort & Filter.

Select the drop down arrow on the column that contains the duplicate values and choose, Sort by Color.

Choose the highlight color you used for highlighting duplicates.

It will bring all the highlighted items to the top. 

You can simply delete the records you don't want to mail to.

Cameron, not sure what provider you are using, but ListSource and many other have a built in "scrubber" that enables you to remove any duplicates you may have previously purchased. With that said, it is not automatic and you must select the feature before purchasing the new list.

Medium cgCollin Goodwin, Service-X | [email protected] | 512‑240‑9119 | https://goodcollin.com

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you