• Lancaster, PA
Votes |
Interior Paint Choices (revisited), Color Place paint review

Michael L.
  • Investor
  • Lancaster, PA
Posted Jan 14 2015, 11:08

Hello all,

I have gotten so much use out of the BP forums that I figured I should contribute some feedback for future investors. In giving my latest investment property a facelift, I searched high-and-low for advice on paint colors, brands, and sheens.  I found the most useful thing was an article written by Brandon Turner for BP, originally seen here:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/01/30...

Following his advice, I used Color Place brand Country White for my walls. I chose flat (hoping for easy touch up in the future). With two coats, the coverage is great and I'm very pleased with the results. Semi-gloss white for the trim really helped bring out the color in the paint as well. I used flat white for ceilings.

Two coats really did cover as well as any other paint I have used, and it rang in at the crazy low cost of $10.94 per gallon (or $53 for a 5-gallon bucket)!

I generally hate dealing with Walmart and avoid it, but the savings here were huge. Also, having paint premixed at the factory should give nice uniformity between coats. I plan to standardize this approach now for my rental units.

Hope this helps someone!

Loading replies...