Atlanta Carpet

11 Replies

Hey BP!

I need to find a good carpet guy in Atlanta. Anyone got a recommendation and how much psf I should expect to pay?

Thanks!

Buy the carpet from a wholesaler in Dalton, have them ship it down to Atlanta for $100 and pay someone local to install.  Expect to pay about $5-7/sy for mid-grade nylon carpet, about $1.80/sy for 8 pound pad and about $4.50/sy for installation these days...

Let me know if you want a reference for a supplier...

I agree Dalton is where you will get the best prices whether it be carpet or floors

@David T.  You should have asked me in Bo's office on Thursday!  

If you want a guy who can do it all and install, show up on time, and do great work - use this guy Jose Cannon 770-876-3578

About Jose - I have used this guy when I was a property manager for stuff all over Atl and up to Gainseville. He worked for 10 years with the best carpet guy I have ever met who is now retired. 

@J Scott - Any chance you can PM me a few of the carpet suppliers? I'm using a company in Norcross and they've increased the installation costs so its forcing me to look at new options.

Call Chris Gatlin (770-231-7483) at GA Flooring Outlet.  They have been supplying and installing my flooring for three years.  I use a brown cinnamon carpet made of recycled plastics (great rental as it repels stains) with a nice pile installed over a 6lb pad.  Cost is in the $10/yard area all in.

@J Scott

I am still doing a rehab and the floors are soon to go down.  Can you please let me know the name of the suppliers in Dalton that you use? 

Ive used michaels wholesale flooring.  I had them quote the install as well.  You can inpsect the entire roll of carpet while you are there to look for any imperfections. We found excellent deals there over retail.  The place will not impress at first...but give them a min...and you will be happy.  

J. Scott is right on, as usual, I just used Dalton Carpet for everything and paid $14/sy ,mid grade carpet, 8lb pad, installed.

Good Luck

I was referred to a local guy in Atlanta and quoted me $2100 for my rental property.  140 yards of carpet.  Got it down for 2000 and was done on the same day.  Called the tenant and said he did a wonderful job.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here