where to start starting real estate investment business

7 Replies

I'm pretty much a newbie to real estate. But I do know that real estate is my ticket out of the rat race, sort of speak. I'm looking for some guidance, in regards to getting started. I'm more of a visual learner. I've the free book the bp allows us to download. However, its of an overview. Its not clicking. Can someone help me get started?

Welcome to BP! The ultimate beginners guide is a great resource. Read it. If anything in the guide sparks your interest...do research about it to learn more. Search the forums. there's endless amount of knowledge available on this site, just have to dig around.  Read books too...i found that books help with changing your mindset when it comes to investing. 

@Terry Free  

Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul 

Thanks Mr. Paul. I appreciate you responding. You don't how much this really means to me. I will take your advice. With REIA's It's going to be a little tough getting to because I on Weds nights and most meetings are on Wed. I will, however, make it work. I currently have Than Merrill's Book, Wholesaling for Quick Cash, however, It's not step by step. Beside I'm more of a visual learner. thank you for the information. I will download the books now.

Kyle, thanks for responding also. I really appreciate it. My biggest interest right now is wholesaling. Not sure how to start since I have no money saved to start a business. I'm literally living paycheck to paycheck.  I was recently checking Baltimore's Vacants to Value website to see the list of properties the city is trying to sell and if it would be worth buying properties from the city to wholesale to landlords and investors.  

Originally posted by @Terry Free:

I'm pretty much a newbie to real estate. But I do know that real estate is my ticket out of the rat race, sort of speak. I'm looking for some guidance, in regards to getting started. I'm more of a visual learner. I've read the free book the bp allows us to download. However, its more of an overview. Its not clicking. Can someone help me get started?

Thanks for all the res

Hi Terry!

Welcome to the Real Estate World!

Originally posted by @Marlon Wilson :

Hi Terry!

Welcome to the Real Estate World!

Thanks! I have a lot to learn. I've as much material and books as I can handle. I bought the Newest couple of books from Brandon Turner, Including The Book on Real Estate Investing with little or no Money Down.  The free ebook BiggerPockets offers, I've downloaded and read both books 4 times or more. However, I am more of a hands on and visual learner. So while reading and gathering information is good, I need a hands on approach. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you