pinball machine

11 Replies

hey has anyone tried an idea like putting a pinball machine or other similar revenue-generator on property for sale? Does it work?

I put a gumball machine in a house to stage it...  Made an extra $.75!

The house sat on the market for 6 months before I decided to keep it as a rental but I am not attributing that tenant to the gumball machine

Are you thinking that people coming to view the property would throw in a couple quarters? 

How many people view a house for sale/rent?

If every single person stopped to play 5 games would you cover the cost of transporting the machine there and back? 

I think something like a pool table in a finished basement might be attractive for the husband who would love a man cave.

If you have a pinball machine why don't you offer to sell it to me?  I'm a very big pinball fan.

I had 4, sold 2, kept the 2 I love.  I wouldn't leave something like a pinball machine.  Too many moving parts and you might be there fixing it quite a bit.  Plus depending on the year it's a very big safety hazard.  Until 1991 I believe, you could open the coin door and kill yourself if you touched something.  They finally changed the coin door design to have a button that disengages when it opens, shutting off the high level of current flow to the playfield as a safety feature.

PM me about your pinball machine.  Sorry to hijack the thread :).  I have a Terminator 2 and a Demolition Man.  I had a Tales from the Crypt and a Judge Dredd but sold them a few years ago.

I own Williams Triple Strike - great condition.  I have had it since 1978

Originally posted by @David Roberts :

Until 1991 I believe, you could open the coin door and kill yourself if you touched something.  They finally changed the coin door design to have a button that disengages when it opens, shutting off the high level of current flow to the playfield as a safety feature.

What current flow? ;-)  My friend's father had pinball machine in the basement when we were kids - it came from his fathers drugstore back in the 1930s - no electricity or flippers.

1(506) 471-4126

lol.  That's way before my time.  I like a couple machines from the 80s but mainly 90s and present with the dot matrix displays. 

Never got into the electromagnetic ones,  or the earlier ones lol

Back when I was in the restaurant business we had a few machines. You can either buy them outright and place upfront or there are rental companies that rent you the machines for so much per month or a split of what the machines take is.

We had  split pac/man and galaxy all in one.

Brought in a few hundred a month.

The arcades are one thing, the pinball machines are another.  If anyone ever enjoyed playing pinball at a bowling alley or pizza joint, you'd remember that there were always issues.  Broken plastics, the ball getting jammed somewhere, flippers not lined up right, etc.  Pinball machines require a lot of care.  If they are getting played and beat on, they require attention.  Arcades would be better.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.