Home Depot Classes

7 Replies

I've never been to one of these Home Depot classes that they teach, but I know a few people who went to some of the classes in Arizona, and they said it was useful. 

I'd like to hear if anybody else has recently taken some of these Home Depot classes, and if they've helped them with their flips or even landlord responsibilities by having some of this extra knowledge of how to install tile, toilets, sinks, etc.

@Dana Whicker Thanks for your reply! I'm not the most handy person, but I think it's something that could be useful.

Even if your never personally set some tile or re-insulate a home ect...It could allow you the experience to distinguish between a good job or a bad one, or at least have a framework to ask better questions when working with those who do that kind of labor. Just my thoughts.

It would be interesting to hear from you if you choose to attend one.

I wouldn't learn some of the things HD teach, that something interesting to look into ^_^   

Originally posted by @Bobby Martin :

Even if your never personally set some tile or re-insulate a home ect...It could allow you the experience to distinguish between a good job or a bad one, or at least have a framework to ask better questions when working with those who do that kind of labor. Just my thoughts.

It would be interesting to hear from you if you choose to attend one.

That's EXACTLY my reasoning! I'm a bit old school about stuff like this, just like my dad taught me just enough about cars so I wouldn't get screwed over (too badly =) by mechanics. I think of this in that same realm!

I'll definitely report back after any of them I'm able to attend. 

I learned how to lay tile by taking a Home Depot class. That was about 12 years ago. Since then I've laid quite a bit. In my own home I tiled the kitchen & entry with marble tiles, put 12", 6" & 2" mosaic in the master bath on the floor & shower, & 18" tiles in a 19'x30' room in the basement. I helped my daughter tile the backsplash in her kitchen, and helped my SIL tile a family room & half bath floor. In our rentals I've done 4 baths & 4 kitchen backsplashes.

The class I took was definitely worth my time.

I've never been to one, but I've watched a bunch of their YouTube videos online. They are short, sweet, and informational. I do see a lot of people questioning some of their methods in the comment section however.. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you