Edgar Ferrari
  • Suwanee, GA
Votes |
Kitchen renovation Basement finishing

Edgar Ferrari
  • Suwanee, GA
Posted Mar 5 2015, 14:25

Hello,

I am looking at doing two improvements in two houses I own.

Both houses are located in very good neighborhoods in NE ATL. 

1. My tenants will likely not renew their lease and wanted to know for the first house what would be the cheapest way to reform the kitchen. The cabinets are old but the wood and design are good still, they just look like they need new knobs and some maintenance. Also The counter tops are not granite and all the houses in the area have granite counter tops so I will include those anyhow. 

Could anyone give me your inputs on what would be a fast and cheap way to do this? And also how much it would cost per ft of cabinets.

The reason I need this is that last time the property was vacant for 4 months and I had to settle for a very low rent. A similar house that I have got rented 300 higher ona couple of weeks despite being out for rent during the low season. 

2. Another house that I own has an unfinished basement and I wanted to know what would be a reasonble budget per sq ft if I want hardwood floors that look good but have the lowest price possible and then finish the walls and separate teh basement in a couple of rooms. I do not plan to build a bathroom yet.

Of course as a landlord I am looking at low cost look good options that will both allow me to rent for a few more years at better rates and also allow to exit with a good price by 2020-2023.

Thank you

Loading replies...