Can someone help me with AdWords?

11 Replies

I had a buddy who runs them for a large retailer help me get everything set up. We targeted about a 30 mile area around where we work. I have 21 keywords set up with phrase match. We tried Exact but that wasn't doing anything.

I have had 1.6k Impressions

7 Clicks

Avg. Position 2.0

Maybe my ad sucks? (See below)

Sell Your House Today.

We pay cash in as little as 7 days

Offer with no contingencies

I am bidding at over 1.00 per click on most of my keywords. I have 4-5 that are "first page bids". It does seem like every day the price goes up.

Ryan Dossey, Real Estate Agent in IN (#RB15001099)
800-347-9296

As this is a site for real estate investors, your post would probably best fit in snother forum such as Marketing or Tech.

If you want to understand AdWords there is no better teacher than my friend Perry Marshall. Forget calling or emailing him however you can either buy his AdWords book on Amazon or search his site.

whats your budget per day..?  

Thanks for responding Ryan. Can't seem to tag you from my phone. I have it at 15.00 a day but haven't gotten anywhere near that. Do I need to be paying 2.00 + a click? I've spent like 6 bucks since Monday. 

I have a location specific search set up with phrase match. 

From my research seems like I should do one with no location but include my city in every phrase as well. 

Ryan Dossey, Real Estate Agent in IN (#RB15001099)
800-347-9296

Hi Ryan,

I was wondering if this was something you still needed help with. Feel free to message me back if that is the case.

Thanks,

Tony

Hey Ryan, not sure I can help you do everything you need, but I can certainly share with you my many mistakes in this area in the hopes you don't repeat what I did.  : )

Send me a message if you need help.

@Ryan Dossey

Who did you make out on your yellow letter campaign.    Did you get any deals?   

sorry.   How did you make out

I would highly recommend using the youtube ads - very low cost :-)

Do the keywords include the city name, like "sell my house austin" or is it just "sell my house"

Are you doing standard delivery or accelerated delivery?

What is the landing page/destination url for these ads?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you