I have no idea where to start...

3 Replies

I have always wanted to get into real estate... I don't know where to began. I'm just a guy that wants in on this and want to know what questions to ask. Do I finance? Use my own money... I'd rather not. If I use a banks money what kind of loan am I asking for.. Can I rent a home to a family?? I have so many questions... But I have no idea where to start. Anyone want to help?

Hi Greg- RE Investing is very multifaceted. With that being said, you will need to narrow down as to what it is you ready want to do. Do you want to own rentals, do fix n' flips, commercial etc. Use BP as a source to help you figure this out first then you'll know how to finance these projects. Hope this helps!

@Greg McCoy start with some reading Brandon Turner has a good book that I am almost finished with. How to buy with no or low money down. Stay on this site read all you can, listen to the podcast, you will find that every one is in different situations and there is not a one size fits all plan, it will be up to you to determine your strengths and weaknesses to determine what niche you have. Also welcome to bigger pockets I wish you luck.

Hi Greg - I'm also new to BP and over the past 2 weeks I have found the podcast extremely helpful to start wrapping my head around 'where to start'. I'm a listener more than a reader so for me the podcast has been perfect (at 1.5x speed!). I also plan on getting a copy of The Ultimate Beginners Guide soon, which I've heard good things about. Asking for help is step 1, so you are already on the right track. Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide