Discount Supplies

8 Replies

#askBP We buy a lot of our supplies at Lowes & Home Depot and receive the 5% off and some bonus coupons, but it seems like there must be a better place to buy supplies.  Where do you get your best discounted supplies & how did you find out about the places, especially in Brevard County, FL?

just curious how you get the 5% off at HD and Lowes?

You have to get a Lowe's and Home Depot Credit Card.  Lowe's automatically gives it to you & you have to ask for the Lowe's Discount at Home Depot and use your Home Depot Credit Card.

If you are buying in larger quantities, you can ask them to run it through the pro desk at HD to see if there are any additional discounts. I saved $100 when I bought my hardwood flooring there, and it was already on super discount. It never hurts to ask.

Do you ever drive past those local discount stores? Every area has them, and sometimes you can get smoking deals. I keep plugging Tile Outlet in Chicago. They have super-cheesy commercials that run all the time on TV, but once I finally went inside, I was astonished at how low their prices were. Ask people in your area if they have ever used any of the local discount places. (Your local REI meetup would be a great place to ask, as well.)

Costco can be a great place to buy finish supplies, but they aren't always there. I found a dual flush toilet for $75 there, when it was $150 everywhere else. I purchased amazing backsplash tile for $5/sq ft - glass, travertine and marble mosaic. They also have pretty great flooring choices along with faucets, garbage disposals, light fixtures, etc. Not everything is a great price, but you can get some awesome deals. Good luck!

I've been a real estate investor for 10 years, and still actively invest in rehabbing homes. I use Lowes for all my purchases, and if you use the community buying group program, and the Lowes lar account, you'll get seven percent off everything on day-to-day purchases (5% + 2%).  the best part is the 2 percent back on any special pricing I get from the pro Services desk At lowes.  27 percent, 5+2 also stack on the appliance sales, so sometimes I'm saving 17 percent or more on appliances. there's a great resource guide on the CBG website as well, that gives you a rehab ideas with Lowes sku's.  just google community buying group and you'll find it or call them and ask Mitchell for a 90 day trial code.

You can often find some discount prices ar your local Habitat for Humanity Restore outlet.  I've found low-flow toilets, the perfect amount of tile for a bathroom backsplash, funky and cool light fixtures and other miscellaneous stuff.  My favorite is when they have entire cabinet sets that are in good shape and not that old - just somebody wanted something new.  You can sometimes pick up something perfectly serviceable for your rehab there.

Thanks for all of the great ideas!  I will be sure to check them out.  

Military veterans get a 10% discount at Lowes and HD.

REIA members get discounts too even when your membership ends

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.