Marketing

18 Replies

Hello everyone!

So I've been doing a lot of research on the best way to start my marketing campaign for wholesaling. At first I was considering bandit signs, but don't want to deal with the hassle of city ordinance, unprofessionalism and having to take them down.. I was thinking about post cards, door hangers or flyers. With that being said where's a good place to get motivated seller leads for the post cards. I found a sight online called "need to sell my house fast.com", they seem to offer high quality motivated leads at a cost. Any recommendations at this point would be great. Thanks so much!

Kind Regards

Anthony

S.F.I.

I would also like to know. A investor thats very well off told me he has a website and its SEO so when  motivated seller is looking to sell they will see his website on the first page

This post has been removed.

I admit I lag behind in the digital world reguarding marketing, but I do send my fair share of letters and postcards.   My opinion would be to read a lot on marketing at BP and figure out who and why you might knock on someones door and discuss real estate.   Then go knock on a door and talk to people.  Know the rules for discussing RE in your area.   

Thanks Gary I'll look into that. 

@anthony Listsource.com is a great place to build your list. There are a number of data filters you'll want to consider, equity being a big one when creating your list. If you send me a private message I'll send you a breakdown. 

I found this to be an excellent marketing campaign and on a shoestring budget.  It's a door hanger that dubs as a flyer or business card, etc.  Check it out!  It's at Vista Print at vistaprint.com.  You design it yourself.  P.S. to moderator.  It says this is my first post and I've been a posting member for awhile.  Wonder why it shows me as this is my first post. P.S.S. I am not getting anything for referring ppl to this site-- just an fyi.  :)

Updated over 2 years ago

Leave moderator comment out because they fixed it.

Its going to be market dependent. However I have had great success with post cards. But social media marketing and having a good website to capture leads you drive from marketing is key. 

Originally posted by @Anthony Johnson :

Hello everyone!

So I've been doing a lot of research on the best way to start my marketing campaign for wholesaling. At first I was considering bandit signs, but don't want to deal with the hassle of city ordinance, unprofessionalism and having to take them down.. I was thinking about post cards, door hangers or flyers. With that being said where's a good place to get motivated seller leads for the post cards. I found a sight online called "need to sell my house fast.com", they seem to offer high quality motivated leads at a cost. Any recommendations at this point would be great. Thanks so much!

Kind Regards

Anthony

S.F.I.

It will depend on your strategy, purchasing leads and google ads are a great way to find new clients, the only bad part is you will always have to pay for new clients and you will never get ahead of the curve.

Seo-ing a site and building a facebook community will take months and will not generate immediate results like purchasing a list or google ads but it will get you ahead and eventually clients will come to you.

Two different strategists both are effective but it depends on what you prefer.

Marketing service companies can  be hit and miss. Many people use them and therefore homes get a number of postcards and them calling you depends on the day they finally feel like selling and whether your postcard showed up that day or not.

These lists may not be up to date either (as much as they promise) or they may be non-encompassing many of the criteria you're looking for. I think the best source is to go the courthouse and peruse county records. Lately, I've been going through sections of my area with GIS mapping and recording the mailing addresses of absentee owners. Its very time consuming but I feel as though I'm going to get the most accurate list. On the other hand, I have no way of knowing which of these may fit my buying criteria such as # of bedrooms but you can always cross reference it with a list from list source or other such company.

Thanks everyone for that valuable input!

@shawnCaldwell

Listsource.com is a great place to build your list. There are a number of data filters you'll want to consider, equity being a big one when creating your list. If you send me a private message I'll send you a breakdown.

Would you please, thanks in advance!  

@Anthony Johnson

I would suggest doing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) along with Paid Marketing (Google Adwords & Facebook Ad). But also traditional marketing as you mentioned. The good thing about online marketing is that you can measure and segment the traffic in a way that is impossible anywhere else

If you arent familiar with terms such as: CPC, CPM & CTR please don't do it yourself. If you know how to succesfully run paid campaigns and SEO you are 2 steps ahead of your competition.

Im currently doing online marketing for a local real estate company in my town since the owner is my friend. We were pretty much able to completely destroy everyone in the market (ranking over authorities sites as well).

Also methods like Remarketing and tracking is absolutely crucial for your online success when it comes to paid advertising. Remarketing is crucial since only 2% of the total traffic on your website will convert - thats why you should put tracking on your site and target them again with customized ads.

Ex: You run a campaign and get 100 clicks to your website. 98% will bounce off since life will get in their way (phone was ringing, the kids were distracting - you get the idea). Now if you put tracking on your site you will be able to catch them with a cookie.

The cookie will slowly build up over time and have all the people who have ever visited your site. Now you can target them for almost no costs and keep presenting them with your core message.

We all know those ads that seem to follow us everywhere we go (thats remarketing)

Kindest Regards
Mads S. Jacobsen

Looking for advice. Now I plan on purchasing a list of a hundred leads of absentee owners and sending a hundred direct mail letters to them. I'm going to Staples to get yellow paper printed with red font does the font color matter for marketing purposes or is black & white ok?  I'm doing the mailing cycle myself every 3 weeks. Looking for feedback

Thanks

Gaither, your letter should be brief , to the point and striking. Every one should have a unique  address included in the body so that the recipient  realises your referring specifically to their property. This method of mail service is known as mail merge. I'm  surprised you can get this from a big box store like Staples. Also black on white is not compelling. Successful  letters need high contrast color like red  faux hand written lettering on yellow paper or even blue on ivory with matching envelopes in same style lettering. Finally what works for me as a well as other direct mailers  use full size 81/2 x 11 sheets folded up to fit into an invitation size envelope and don't  seal it. For better opening  results send with first class stamp which also assures you'll  get them returned if wrong address. These returns, if you can track them down  may prove far more valuable because you now know the owner has abandoned the property and more likely to deal with you if you can find them.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.