Agent-Investors Staying Organized

9 Replies

Hey all,

I've been pondering the best way to keep organized as an investor and agent.  I have a small portfolio myself and have recently picked up speed with clients.  I'm looking for the best ways you guys have found to stay organized.  Right now I use my calendar to no end on my phone, email myself, evernote to a much much lesser extent than I should probably and I have a small binder that tracks paperwork.  I'd much rather be digital than paper form.  Suggestions on equipment?  I figure a scanner is important so which ones do you guys find to be good?  The one I have now is one page at a time.  I very rarely make it in to the office.  Thanks all.  Cheers

one other piece of software I've found very useful is Trello.  once you get into it it's great for productivity. I have the free version.

Dropbox is indispensable for me.  It saves and backs up all of your files in the cloud.  But the best thing is it syncs/saves a copy of your files on your home, mobile, and office computers.  You can share/invite others to view documents.  I have the paid version. but main difference is the free version is less space.

No suggestions on a particular model, but for scanning just make sure it's a duplex scanner.  If you have a stack of paperwork to scan that has information on both sides, it will scan both sides without you having to turn them over.  there is also a "manual" duplex scanner that is till good.  You just have to flip the stack over once after scanning to scan the other side.  Duplex printer...prints on both sides.

I just got the NeatScanner for receipts and business cards, so I can't comment on it yet.

My most used software is FileCenter Professional.  the features it has is highly useful.  It's the most time saving software I have.  Worth every penny I paid

• You can scan with it
  • You can append or prepend new scans to an existing document
  • you can combine individual documents into a single pdf with just a couple of clicks
  • It "remembers" the folder you are currently working in.  so when you attach/upload or download files it goes to the most recent folder instead of automatically choosing your downloads folder
  • too many features to mention here

@Tony Christian have you had a chance to play with the neat scanner? if so how do you like it? imin the same boat my wife is an agent and I'm an investor with a full time job so we a drowning in paperwork. 

Medium hhs llc documents logoJohn Powell, Herk Home Services LLC | [email protected] | (850) 684‑2188

I tried Neat Scanner and tossed it...Just my opinion.

I like Fujitsu snapscan scanners. I also am curious how people are staying organized? I am looking at working with Microsoft one note or Evernote. Comments appreciated.

Dropbox (business) synced with Google Drive is how I'm rolling right now, but I'll admit I have to spend a fair amount of time organizing and I know I'm behind on some things.

Dropbox business is great because I can coordinate with my staff and my wife on things.

I've been dabbling with some rental apps like pendorent and others... any suggestions or feedback on apps like that? 

I am a Broker and investor too. Wunderlist is a game changer

I have been using a Fujitsu 6130 for a number of years and highly recommend it. Will scan up to 50 pages front and back at one time. I could be looking for a replacement if anyone has updated suggestions that would be appreciated.

One can easily scan single documents and receipts with Scannable. It's an app that uses your phone or tablet camera and its a product from Evernote. Works great and you can save scans directly into Evernote. Great for when you're out and about but awful for multi page scans. Skitch is another great product from Evernote that allows you to mark up an image and save or share it easily. It's great because a well marked picture is worth way more than a thousand words. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you