Effective systems for watering the foundation

4 Replies

Hello BP Gurus,

I have a rental property in Allen, Texas (North Dallas-Forth worth area) and its recommended to keep the immediate area around the foundation watered, to avoid foundation issues. I have gone through multiple automatic sprinkler systems (bought from home-depot/lowes) in the course of 5 years and none of them lasts more than a year unfortunately. I wanted to get some tips/ recommendations from folks who have implemented cost effective systems with longer lifespan and less maintenance. Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

Rajiv

soaker hoses on a timer?

Thanks for the response, but thats what we have and there are no issues with the soaker hoes as such just the timer needs to be changed quite frequently and I was wondering if there was a more durable brand out there.

Anyways, we have purchased another and would be fixing it up soon.

Kind Regards,

Rajiv

Originally posted by @Rajiv Nair :

Thanks for the response, but thats what we have and there are no issues with the soaker hoes as such just the timer needs to be changed quite frequently and I was wondering if there was a more durable brand out there.

Anyways, we have purchased another and would be fixing it up soon.

Kind Regards,

Rajiv

Yes, soaker hose with a timer. You sound like you're all set.  Just make sure the timer batteries are changes out regularly.

Thats right Jon.. all set for now.. Hope the rain/hail doesn't kill this before its time :)

Kind Regards,

Rajiv

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.