Locating private lenders

2 Replies

do anybody know how to locate private lenders

Originally posted by @Derek Collier :

do anybody know how to locate private lenders

They are called private lenders because they are private. Private lenders ate typically people that know you and trust you, or they are referrals from friends or acquaintances that know and trust both of you. Its where most of my private lenders have come from. 

When I was getting started I did the 20 question list. Gets answers to a lot if questions, I have used this with multiple new people who have the found "lenders" using this method.

If you sit down with a pen and paper, make a list of 20 people, friends, family, acquaintances, business associates, business peoe in the neighborhood, your church, community organizations you belong to. People you know that would/might have enough money to do the size project you are interested in. 

Go talk to those 20 people, or enough of them until one agrees to fund you,  if you are someone a person with money is willing to fund, and or you have a deal someone would fund. You will most likely find them in this group. 

@Derek Collier

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Consider sending messages to other members for specific guidance.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here