Dialing for Dollars vs Direct Mail?

2 Replies

Anyone out there in BP Land doing any cold calling for preforeclosures, absentee owners, probate, expireds, fsbo?

If so, what source  of leads have you tried, and how was their data?

Did you use dialer software or manually call each number?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

These are strategic lead generation questions. 

I started working homeowners in default in 1978, probates about ten years + later. 

Predictive dialer software might be appealing however I don't like the low quality leads they seem to generate. 

When I started I began using direct response mail to generate a call from  target. 

As I gained skill in conversion and closing, and my numbers increased, i changed strategies to re-position my business and myself as the go-experts for the legal community in my state, California.  This has worked for 20+ years. 

Driving for dollars? Interesting way to find lead but not very efficient. If all you have is time on your hands, you can learn a lot from traveling neighborhoods on foot, bicycle or in car. However, a boarded up house, blue roof or tall weeds are only signs of neglect, not ownership. So, you still have to manually reverse engineer ownership, title and equity before skip tracing those with ownership or secured creditor positions. 

What is the best use if your time, searching or converting and closing?

Originally posted by @Molly S Ringer :

...Anyone out there in BP Land doing any cold calling for preforeclosures, absentee owners, probate, expireds, fsbo?...

The phone numbers may be dated. Many investors often utilize the direct mail angle.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here