It's not a flip until...

4 Replies

You've busted a water pipe and a couple days later your house is broken into and all your tools are stolen.

At least the thief left us a new umbrella.  I could have used that when I busted the water pipe.

Not really sure why the thief left the umbrella.

I had about 2 k dollars worth of tools stolen.  Very discouraging and makes you want cruel and unusual punishment legal.  Hang in there . 

Aww man that really stinks! Maybe the guy will try to send the tools and the cops will catch him. Good luck!
Meant to say sell the tools.
Originally posted by @Bryan Williamson :

I had about 2 k dollars worth of tools stolen.  Very discouraging and makes you want cruel and unusual punishment legal.  Hang in there . 

Yes, those thoughts went through my mind.  We called a local pawn shop and they just said to call the police.

Among the weird things they took/did not take:

They took my 25 year old Craftsman hammer but left my wife's brand new Estwing hammer.

They left my brand new table saw but took my 10 year old air compressor.

Last night we tried to Gerry rig a temporary security system.  It has an audible alarm and motion sensors.  I tried to make the fact that we added a security system visible.  I know it won't stop determined thieves but hopefully will make them decide to move on from our place.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.