Home Depot Paint Sale 9/3-9/7 $40 off five-gallon buckets

6 Replies

The last sale was only $20 off 5gal.  Maybe it's this good a deal only on the yearly Labor Day sale?

http://www.homedepot.com/c/Paint_Offers

Rebate PDF Link

It's a decent sale but paint isn't something you really want to stock up on.....unless you like taking it back to the store to have them re-shake it prior to using.   If you use a lot of Behr paint look at getting into their paint contractor discount program.   I think my level is around a 20% discount but I can't stack it with any other discounts (like this MIR or any coupons).  

Lowe's just had the same sale on their new Sherwin Williams paints.  I was surprised they were carrying that!

As a DIY landlord, I have been buying mistints for a long time and have a good inventory.  I mix my own like-kind bases and it's generally good enough.  Just don't run out and have to try and get a color-match!

@Patrick L. we do use Behr, I estimate we only need 60-80 gallons/year and have been buying during sales.  We will bring the bucket back to get tined and shaken. It is a bit of a pain but I don't think we would qualify with such low volume.

Originally posted by @Steve Vaughan :

Lowe's just had the same sale on their new Sherwin Williams paints.  I was surprised they were carrying that!

As a DIY landlord, I have been buying mistints for a long time and have a good inventory.  I mix my own like-kind bases and it's generally good enough.  Just don't run out and have to try and get a color-match!

I know some other landlords that do that.  I feel like over the long run it ends up costing more money that way.  I paint every interior wall of every one of my rentals the same light beige color.  That way if we have to touch up we just grab a bucket of that color and take care of it, no need to worry about matching the color.  If the walls are bad and need to be repainted we can usually just re-roll them and not cut in which cuts my labor cost in half.  

@Patrick L. - many a time I have wished I had done that.  Just paint every wall the same ol' boring color. Even doing that, I will often have to skim roll the whole room if it has been a while.  Alas, I am a glutton for punishment and hate waiting in line at paint stores, box stores while my paint is mixed.  I just pull some off my shelf and get er done.

My applicants often say "Finally! A dwelling with color.  So sick of seeing the same old antique white!"

A 1913 apt of  mine that used to be all the door color.  The 2 colors separate the dining and living area.  Just an example.  Cheers!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.