Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Newbold
  • Investor
  • Bedford, IN
Votes |
What is the cost of a Furnace These Days?

Anthony Newbold
  • Investor
  • Bedford, IN
Posted Sep 9 2015, 17:56

What is cost of a Furnace These Days?

Just picked up a home.  Am squaring up the floor joists in the crawl space.  While doing so contractor notes the rusted thru duct-work, (made of tin back in those days.) - Fine, let's replace with the insulated tubing stuff...

Furnace is from the 60's likely (50+ years) but appears functional.  The floor has rotted below the furnace so we are replacing it, but have to lift this furnace up and out of the closet.  I am considering replacing.

Here is why:  Years ago I bought a home and replaced the furnace and all duct work etc.  I've been in business for years and have merchant retail cert...  (purchase tax exempt) so I attempted to purchase a furnace at cost at the local wholesale supply, but they would not even give me a price since I wasn't HVAC certified. So I found a neighbor kid that was HVAC cert. (had the card in his wallet)...  took him to the store, and purchased the $2500 furnace for $600.  and paid him $10/hour to install. (he did a fantastic job).

DOES IT STILL WORK THIS WAY?

Curious, since I'm going to have this old furnace lifted out of the closet anyways.

Loading replies...