• Allentown, PA
Votes |
Electric baseboard/gas furnace question

Nick S.
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Allentown, PA
Posted Oct 7 2015, 08:43

Hello all, 

I have a large 5 unit building that is all separate electric baseboard heat. The building consists of 3 units that are 3/1, and then two 1 bedrooms. It's two floors. The left side of the building is two of the 3/1 units, and the right side first floor is a large 1/1, and a small 1/1 in the rear. The second floor on the right is the final 3/1 unit. The 3 bedroom units are all about 1,400 sq. ft. 

I am having issues with tenants complaining about the electric baseboard not being warm enough in every unit except the small 1 bedroom rear. 

I am planning on installing two gas forced air heating systems (about 3k total each). One in the first floor left unit that is 3/1, and one in the first floor right large 1/1 unit. 

This will definitely do well for those two units, but I am curious as to whether or not it will help the heating/temperature on the second flood apartments. Has anyone seen success with this? Not full heat, obviously, but at least making their apartments a little bit warmer during the winter months and lowering their electric bills slightly.

Thanks so much!

Nick

Loading replies...