Getting started with finding deals!

4 Replies

Hey ,  everyone really appreciate you stopping to read my very basic question.  I am currently in the colorado area and studying to become licensed. I am currently looking for websites or databases for data on properties to run the numbers for the experience. what are the best ones until i am licensed and have access to much better data. hope that made sense. any advice is welcome. Thanks so much.

Why dont you call up a realtor to sign you up to receive a list of actual properties on the market to look at. Emails come in daily. Doesn't cost you a time besides getting a realtor's hopes up.

I was thinking more along the lines of people whom have filed evictions and have a certain amount of equity in the property. Also foreclosures with something that could filter a few things like equity and agents notes. anything like that people are using?

@Robert Matthews

Foreclosure information can probably be found on something like listsource.com, but they will charge a fee.  I somehow got on a weekly email list of foreclosures.  If you want me to forward last week's list, shoot me a PM.

For eviction information, you have to go down to the courthouse.  That wouldn't be bad practice anyway.  There may also be companies that will aggregate that for you.

Adrian

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you